Site Meter

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Water Melon story

So here goes my water melon story.What happened was that I bought this water melon a couple of weeks ago and it looked lovely. ( I love to eat fruit dont you?). You know green and all. The skin was smooth no bumps at all. I was happy and giggling to myself as I love to do.

Anyways I got it home. My apartement being on the 3rd floor meant that I had to pick up the water melon from my car and walk it up to the third floor while gravity was working against me. I stumbled though the door and safely placed the precious water melon on my counter. While going towards my room to change I took a peek at it and yes the melon did look lovely. As lovely as a water melon looks in a kitchen.

Like all other water melons I have had, I left this one on the counter for a couple of days. On the Monday I came back home from work and as soon as I entered I smelt something awful. It was like stink bomb. I walked into the kitchen and OH MY GOSH!!!!! The floor was wet with some fluid. On the counter top was a water melon with a huge hole in it. All that was left was a shell with "ugly looking and smelling gue" in it. Anyways, the counter was a mess as well. When I threw the water melon away the shell felt very week and gue started falling from the bottom . The melon barely held together. However I skillfully got my water melon into my garbage bag and threw it away. The smell of the melon stayed for a week after and I cleaned it up and all. But it was one ugly incident.

It was really messy. I looked it it up online and found out that the water melon explosion was caused by fermentation inside the water melon and it exploded due to gas build up!!! Isnt that awful!!!!

Lesson learnt: Dont trust Water Melons!!! The picture is shown below:





3 comments:

Daughter of Adam said...

I also didn't know Melons could do that!

Mind you - they probably don't like sitting on counters for three days !

W Ali said...

that's happened to me before, while i was standing beside it too. not cool. very smelly.

my sympathies to your beloved watermelon and its untimely fate.

Anonymous said...

That is REALLY REALLY REALLY funny. I thought you were going to say there were aliens or something inside.

Alhumdulillah, I never have had that experience. I hope my water melon doesn't explode like that. I'm sorry you couldn't eat your watermelon. Next time I eat some, I will take out a moment of silence for the precious watermelon you lost.