Site Meter

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Vince McMahon Lives In My Mosque

Javed Memon hits the nail on it's head in this peice about......
Suck it." Did he really just say that? "Suck it." This time he held his hands high, crossed them and smacked them against his thighs, gesturing to his crotch. That was, uhh, unexpected.

After shaking off the reality that is a 9 year old South Asian Muslim kid telling me to suck his private parts, I reflected [again] upon what it means that our kids (and adults) find it "fun" to watch women getting stripped and spanked. It isn't just "those other kids," either. It is our kids. Our kids who we let sit in front of the television without speaking to them about what they are watching, and then make them go to the mosque where we tell them to memorize verses that they don't understand. You may be wondering what I'm writing about...

Allow me introduce you to World Wrestling Entertainment, or WWE. It used to be known as WWF for those of you 80's kids out there. The first responses I receive when asking aunties and uncles about this usually consist of, "Oh, it's just fake wrestling." or "It's just fun, just entertainment." READ ON

No comments: