Site Meter

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What a city! (Vancouver, BC)




I have been lucky enough to travel to the other side of Canada (i.e. British Columbia) this week for Work. Today I was in Vancouver and found out first hand why this city is such a "in" place to live in.

It is a city with a lot of character, natural beuety, great weather ( if you dont mind rain) and beutiful arhitecture. I was just amazed on how so much can be packed in such small area.



It was my first expreince of the Pacific Ocean. The views from Vancouver's beaches (picture above) are all breathtaking even in this foggy weather. I wonder how they look when the sun is out.



One thing I noticed was that there seems to be a higher ratio of local businesses in Vancouver compared to the bigger chains which seem to dominate the markets in other big cities.That I belve givs the city more character.

Ah. The ocean, the beach, the mountains, the tall buildings, the bridges, the big ships. WHat a city!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to go to Victoria (take the 2 hour, or so, boat ride) and definitely visit Butchart Gardens
http://www.butchartgardens.com/main.php
See if you can get a chance to see their fireworks show. It's pretty awesome.

syacoob said...

Sounds great, I hope to get out there one of these days. Too bad it was so cloudy...but at least you got to escape the snow:)

Ozair said...

I went to Vancouver this summer and I agree it is beautiful.

I was not a big of Victoria and the Butchart garden. The ferry ride going over was awesome, but there is not much touristy things to do in Victoria. I would recommend driving 2 hours north to Whistler if your looking for fun thing to do ... you can check out my pics I took here

Abu Adam said...

You are definately blessed for such an opportunity and it is awesome that you recognize that.

May Allah make us of those minority of people who are the shakireen, the thankful, as Shaytan said, "you will not find most of them to be thankful."

Din said...

Thanks for your comments.

Anonymous, My schedule was dictated by work hence victoria was impossible.

Sumaira, I liked the weather even with the rain. :-)

Ozair, Those were great pics. I guess the city looks even better on cleaer days..though the fog had it's own beuty.

Abdullah. thanks for that reminder :-)