Site Meter

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moving story of a five year old flood relief donator from the US

http://seekersguidance.org/blog/2010/08/islamic-relief-usa-a-young-girls-gift-to-flood-devastated-pakistan/

I found out she had recently seen images of the floods in Pakistan on the computer with her dad. My husband and I are so used to seeing images of devastation and terror that we have become desensitized. Children, however, are still innocent. My daughter could not fathom such things. She asked why the water was so brown and why it was everywhere. She saw a man grasping his two children and swimming with a terrified look on his face and asked why the people couldn’t just move and buy a new home and new clothes. Because she has visited Pakistan in the past, she asked if all my relatives she had met were okay. And then she asked, “What can we do?”
PLEASE DONATE!

No comments: