Site Meter

Monday, January 15, 2007

Altmuslim: What Islamists Think - And Why It Doesn't Work

Some good questions asked by the writer about Hizb and other organizations who seek innocent utopian answers to very complicated questions:

A few days ago, I got into conversation with an Islamist brother, and somewhat predictably, the conversation swiftly fell down some well-trodden paths. It was my duty as a Muslim, I was told, to work towards the full implementation of shariah, and to at least hope for the arrival one day of an Islamic State - if not actively working towards bringing it about.

The perceptive reader will have already discerned from this very short history that I was speaking to a representative of Hizb-ut-Tahrir, or whatever it's calling itself nowadays since it's been proscribed. Has it been banned? Not certain, but either way it's not flavour of the month down at the Metropolitan Police.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does it matter what Quran and Sunnah say about having a Khilafah state. I mean to say, is your opinion based on:

- I'm indifferent to what Quran and Sunnah say about implementing an Islamic state as it an extremist ideology

OR

- I've studied Quran and Sunnah and have come to the conclusion that Islam does not prescribe having a Khilafa state

Regards,
Room-mate