Site Meter

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ojhri Camp

I was only 6 years old at the time of this disaster. An ammunation dump in Pindi exploded throwing hundreds of missels all over Islamabad/Pindi. I was at school that day and all of a sudden us little cute kids started hearing explosions. We were taken out of the building and saw what seemed like a huge fire with smoke coming out kilometers away The bizzare event continued for at least a couple of hours before things calmed down.

There was a flurry of misinformation. Some said it was war, some said it was the end of the world.We would go inside the building and then on plain ground outside and then inside again. We survied but I remember my dad was home who told us that 3 misiles landed near our home. one went though the neighbor's roof!

I was too young to grasp the magnitude of the situation at that time, but it still lives fresh in my memory unlike other events that happened at that age which I have mostly forgotten.... I wonder what impact this has on people--specially the kids..- who live through wars ( and the threat of missles, etc) every day.....

Anyways read more about this disaster here...