Site Meter

Monday, May 21, 2007

Peace, love and ...cows

ANimals can be good teachers. I had a cat thoughout my youth and taking care of the cat taught me a few things about life and death ( when it died).

I never had a chance with cows. One of those things I missed out on I guess. For now I can learn from what someone else learnt from cows:

Peace, love... and cows | csmonitor.com


I was 12 when I started spending summers on my uncle's farm. That's when I took Cow 101. And those lessons have guided me through the past 60 years.

On that first day when I met Jenny, Jasmine, Janice, and Jackie, I fell in love. Those cows came wandering in from the field, walked right over, and put their heads into the stanchions. Then they looked up at me with those big tender eyes. I tell you, I could see love in their faces –and I felt the same way. As I got to know those girls, I learned five important truisms about life.

1. Cows don't hurry.

The girls never rushed into anything. In fact, getting milk cows to run is not an easy matter. I decided to try following their example and slowing things down myself. Nowadays you can't get me to hurry anything.

2. Cows live on the "grazing principle."

The girls followed the fresh grass – wherever it might lead. They didn't worry much about an exact route. They just went along until it was time to head for the milking shed.....READ ON






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikum

You know, I always hated cows. They seemed so....lumbering. This article softens my stance a little bit though, it's interesting to note because cows for me embody the lazy, fat, boring kind of persona. This portrays them differently.

www.shadeofrahmah.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My wife grew up on a farm, so she knows about cows and says the story was lovely and accurate :)

Ya Haqq!