Site Meter

Monday, September 19, 2005

No Car!!




So I have parked my car today and officially started my life without a car. Of course I bought my car before the summer since it was a requirement for my job. (Buying it was not easy either , I had to shop around a bit and alhamdulillah thanks to a few friends of mine I found my match!)

It was a Geo Metro hehe

Anyhow now that I am parking it I was going to reflect on life with and without and list the advantages /disadvantages of having driving a car

With a Car


  • The convenience of moving around when and how I want to
  • increased the area ( in Kms) of my social circle
  • The ability to help other people--specially in school- by giving them rides and/or helping them move
  • Increased my independence
  • Fulfilled the requirements of my job

Without a Car

  • Decreasing Greenhouse emissions ( by a tiny amount)
  • Not paying for high gas prices
  • Not paying for high insurance
  • I feel more humble and just like everyone else in University.... In other words good for my heart
  • healthier when I bike and walk
  • I can read books when I am on the bus
  • Wont have the stress of driving on busy highways when they are clogged up

No comments: