Site Meter

Monday, October 31, 2005

Yearkbook Blurb


Waterloo Brainwashing? Picture from 2nd year in the Water Quality Lab.
(used for our yearbook:-)).


QUOTE : We should not do as we like; but we should like what we should do.
( by Abdul Hakim Murad)

Water Water Water loo loo loo...

These words always bring back memories of our Frosh Week in 2001. It is hard to believe that more than 4 years have passed since that week when I thought university was going to be a piece of cake after high school. Of course a week after Frosh Week, the bubble burst. I, like many others , was brought down to earth by the challenges of adjusting to 1st year—from studies to roommates to co-op. I also had the personal challenge of adjusting to a new culture which my family had abandoned when I was only 2. However, thanks to people who supported me, I adapted within a couple of years. Friends like Leigh, Mustafa, Arshad and Junaid are among the most awesome friends I have ever made. My Enviro classmates and Geo buddies have been and are a great pillar of support. And how can I forget that overly friendly and funny professor who helped us so much in 1st year-Bob! The list of people that I can thank is endless!

As time passed by I also fell in love with my Program and in particular with Water. When people ask me what kind of job i want to pursue after graduation, I usually respond, "ideally, I will be cleaning water!" So my cheer as i approach graduation has been reduced to:

Water Water Water…[Silence]

No comments: